Parents have a strong impact on whether an adolescent will make healthy decisions. This also goes for decisions about sex.
Parents who talk with their teens about these important issues help teens avoid getting false information elsewhere, and are the most likely to influence their teens’ decisions about sex.
parents of teens
- The best approach when parenting teens is to simply be there for them.
- It’s best to talk to your child about sex before they start puberty.
- Encourage your teen to be abstinent and find other ways to be intimate.
- Inform teens of different forms of birth control and how to get it.
- Tell your teenager about different STD’s and STI’s, and how to prevent them.
- There are many helpful services available to teens that don’t require a parent’s involvement.